Thursday 14 May 2009

Jam Making Classes


We're busy, busy, busy, devising jam making classes for later in the year, working out what the format should be, so many ideas its difficult to incorporate them all.

We have a new jam making kit on offer - a perfect wedding present or gift for someone who is interested in taking up this absorbing hobby. With more and more people signing up for allotments and growing their own again there will be a need for the old preserving skills to be taken out and dusted off. Waste not, want not! as my old Granny used to say. I don't know about gardening tho' - it has been more like the start of Winter here in the Midlands today, cold and overcast with a bitter wind, no chance of hardening off the runner beans.

I am putting the finishing touches to my new Jam Makers Journal which will be on the website soon - very exciting! And we are researching more new recipes, trying out new things, I must get Trev to put up a recipe space so that we can share them with you. Send me your favourites via this blog and we can publish those as well - or any questions you might have, I'll do my best to answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment