Wednesday 3 June 2009

River Cottage

Hurrah! Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall is back with a new series of River Cottage in the UK - tonight at 8pm, Ch4. I just set the recorder - I think he is going to be doing a lot about cordials and sauces - it's all about using the best of the Spring and Summer produce anyway. I'm all ready with my jars and bottles, and I've just managed to find citric acid, a natural preservative for fruit juices and cordials, which I wasn't able to track down last year so my elderflower cordial was rather short-lived! The elderflowers are just coming into bloom so I hope we don't get the torrential rain that has been forecast . . .

There are lots of other recipes for fruit juices and cordials and they are delicious diluted with sparkling mineral water for a real fresh, summery drink. Much healthier too - have a go, they are really easy to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment